I was trying to remember how many times I’ve made Praline Apple Bread in the last couple of months. I think the first time was in the beginning of October.
My husband loved this so much he asked me to make it for his birthday, which is the end of October. I’ve made it two more times since then. I’ve never blogged about it because it never stuck around long enough for me to get pictures. I made a point of doing that today. Everyone that’s tasted it has absolutely loved it, hands down this is one fantastic quick bread. You’ll notice that the recipe for the bread doesn’t include any fat in the form of butter or shortening. The bread derives it’s moistness from sour cream. The top of the bread is bathed in praline and ….well it’s praline ,nuff said.
The bread looked amazing straight out of the oven without the praline on top.
With the praline, it’s magical and will disappear before your eyes.
Apple Praline Bread
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups finely chopped, peeled Granny Smith apples
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 1/2 cup pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 6 to 8 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring after 4 minutes.
- Beat sour cream and next 3 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until blended.
- Stir together flour and next 3 ingredients. Add to sour cream mixture, beating just until blended. Stir in apples and 1/2 cup toasted pecans. Spoon batter into a greased and floured 9- x 5-inch loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup chopped pecans; lightly press pecans into batter.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean, shielding with aluminum foil after 50 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
- Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil in a 1-qt. heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat, and spoon over top of bread; let cool completely.
- Sumber : https://bunnyswarmoven.net/praline-apple-bread/