We love these apples for many reasons, but here are our top three.
- IT’LL SAVE YOU OVEN SPACE. You know, iIn the case you’re hosting Thanksgiving and need to cook (and reheat) a million other things.
- YOUR KITCHEN WILL STAY COOL. Thus you can make it any time of the year. Because let’s face it, we’re secretly wishing for fall alllll of the time—even during summer.
- SET IT AND FORGET IT. You can make this in the morning, do whatever you want during the day, and enjoy it for a classy dessert later that night.
But wait up. Is your house freezing and you actually want to turn on the oven? We’ve been there too. 😂 Make our classic baked apples instead.
Crock Pot Stuffed Apples are filled with all the delicious flavors of Fall that we love so much. Cranberries, walnuts and brown sugar fill the inside of a cored baking apple. The apples go into your slow cooker to cook. After the cooking time is up, your delicious Crock Pot Stuffed Apples are topped with a homemade salted caramel sauce that’s made from the liquid in the bottom of the crockpot! You wanna talk about amazing flavor, this recipe has it. Before we get to the recipe, let’s talk about the apples we’re going to use to make this incredible recipe.
What Kind of Apples Do I Use To Make Crock Pot Stuffed Apples?
Fresh apples fall into two categories, eating apples and baking apples. Any recipe that requires the apple to be cooked needs an apple that will hold up to the heat. Baking apples are larger in size and more tart than an eating apple. Their skins are also thicker. The flesh of a cooking apple doesn’t break down as much as an eating apple. Here is a list of Baking Apples that you can use to make Crock Pot Stuffed Apples.
Baking Apple Varieties for Your Stuffed Apples:
- Granny Smith
- Rome Beauty
Now that we’ve got our apples, let’s make Crock Pot Stuffed Apples together.
Crock Pot Stuffed Apples Ingredients:
- 4 baking apples at least 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 inches in diameter
- 1/3 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 1 Teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- cinnamon stick (about 3 inches long)
- 1 Tablespoon butter, cut into four pieces
Salted Caramel Sauce Ingredients for your Stuffed Apples:
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 Tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 Teaspoon coarse sea salt
To Start the Stuffed Apples…
We start Crock Pot Stuffed Apples by coring four baking apples and taking a strip of peel off of the top of each of the apples. Place the apples top side up in a 4-quart crock pot/slow cooker. If need be, cut a thin slice of apple off the bottom of each apple to make them sit level in the crockpot. Next, we’re going to combine the cranberries, walnuts and brown sugar in a small bowl. Mix the ingredients together and fill the center of each apple with the mixture. Use a knife to pat the filling into the apples.
Combine the apple juice, lemon zest and lemon juice in a measuring cup. Stir the ingredients together and pour them around (not on top of) the apples in the crockpot. Place the 3-inch stick of cinnamon into the liquid on the bottom of the crockpot and top each apple with a piece of butter. You have two options for cooking the apples in the crockpot. You can place the crockpot setting to low heat and cook the apples for 5 hours or use the high heat setting and cook them for 2 1/2 hours.
To make the Salty Caramel Sauce that goes on top of the cooked apples…
Place the brown sugar, whipping cream, butter and corn syrup in a small heavy-duty saucepan. Cook the ingredients over medium-high heat, whisking occasionally until it boils. Reduce the heat to medium and boil gently for about 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla and sea salt.
Cool the caramel sauce to room temperature before serving it over top of the Crock-Pot Baked Apples or chill it for 24 hours and warm it up in the microwave on medium heat 1 to 2 minutes, stirring it twice , before topping the apples with it.
Look at that sauce!! Apples filled with cranberries, brown sugar and walnuts, then topped with a homemade salted caramel sauce. This one screams Fall and it’s made in the crockpot, ENJOY!
- Sumber : https://bunnyswarmoven.net/crock-pot-stuffed-apples/
- Sumber : https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a23459908/crock-pot-baked-apples-recipe/