When I think about buttermilk biscuits it’s usually because I’m hungry for eggs and bacon with big fluffy biscuits smothered in butter and jelly or a beef stew to help get every last drop of gravy off my plate. Today I found another way to enjoy them, simply and deliciously all by themselves. Blueberry Buttermilk Biscuits with a hint of lemon and topped with a mixture of melted butter, sugar and cinnamon while they’re still warm are fantastic!. They are one of the simple easy pleasures of life and baking, as easy as making buttermilk biscuits. Good doesn’t have to be complicated.
After you’ve tasted these you’ll find dozens of excuses to make them! A weekend morning treat for your family, make them as part of a special breakfast for holiday guests and …just because they’d go good with a cup of coffee or tea for an afternoon break. Make them for any reason you want and ENJOY!
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 Tablespoons butter melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- dash of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1.In a large bowl combine 2 cups flour,sugar,baking powder,baking soda, lemon zest and salt. Stir to combine.
2. With a pastry blender cut the shortening into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Whisk the slightly beaten egg and buttermilk together and stir into the flour mixture. Stir in frozen blueberries.
4. Flour a work surface with the remaining 1/4 cup of flour, place dough on flour, with flour coated fingers gently knead the dough 6 or 7 times just until the dough begins to hold together.
5. Pat dough into either a rectangle or round 1/2 inch thick ( your preference). Cut out rounds with a 2 inch biscuit cutter. Lightly grease a cookie sheet, place cut biscuits 2 inches apart, place cookie sheet on middle rack in oven. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine topping ingredients and brush onto warm biscuits.
- Sumber : https://bunnyswarmoven.net/blueberry-buttermilk-biscuits/